Android vs IOS App: Which is Better for App Development | This Will Help You Decide!
- 1 Android Vs IOS
- 2 Business Aspects For Android vs IOS
- 3 Strategies To Earn Money With App
- 4 Technical Aspects For Android vs IOS
- 5 How much does it Cost to Develop an iOS & Android App?
- 6 FAQ’s of Android & iOS App Development
- 7 Conclusion: IOS VS Android App Development
Android Vs IOS
Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS are the two most significant Operating Systems used in mobile technology. Therefore, let’s discuss some aspects related to Android vs IOS.
As the mobile network continues to expand, businesses are developing mobile apps to capture the connected consumer. Mobile apps should be developed for both the main app platforms, iOS, and Android. However, there is often an argument around which platform is the finest to build on first.
There are two different aspects I would like to focus on, as your guide to the app development journey.
1) Business Aspects
2) Technical Aspects
Business Aspects For Android vs IOS
Let us dig deep into the Business aspects of mobile app development.
1) Target Location and Users
2) Development Duration
3) Average Revenue from App
1. Target Location and Users
- If you are targeting a broad worldwide audience, Android can be your best move.
- Android is dominant worldwide because of its various features.
People prefer to go with Android than iOS.
- iOS for the Young age group in Australia, North America, and Western Europe
- 18-24 year age group uses iPhone
- Earning on the iPhone platform is 40% higher than Android
- People with higher education are more likely to use apple (we can also say highly paid people who can afford :/)
- Women are more likely to prefer iPhones compare to Android.
- Better security factor makes more market share of iOS in the enterprise market.
- Apple users mostly shop online through their mobile devices.
2. Development Duration
Android applications are mostly Java based, a language that involves writing more code. Apple’s official programming language, Swift requires less coding.
As Android is an open-source platform, there is a lack of standardization means more components, devices, and software fragmentation to account for.
3) Other Standards
Apple is not open source, it is a closed ecosystem means you are creating for a few standardized devices and few operating systems.
Thus, the Apple App Store has more strict rules and quality expectations and a longer review process to get approved. Your iOS application may not qualify if it is not up to Apple’s standards.
3. Average Revenue from App
Everybody wants their app to be not only popular but also generate some profit from it.
Developers earn from the monetization of apps. IOS apps, usually, bring in more revenues and provide for bigger incomes, as associated with similar Android solutions. This can be described by the solvency of most iOS device users. This information greater profits the platform’s native developers; however Android apps can also receive stable revenue from their products, simply based on the number of Android gadget users.
With 82% growth in net revenue during 2016, Android still lags behind iOS (which has grown 60% over the past year). The difference is quite evident: by having half users, Apple App Store generated almost 64% more revenue.
When selecting the platform for a mobile app, you should also consider technical aspects. They will help you to comprehend which way is reasonable, easier, and faster.
Strategies To Earn Money With App
There are numerous ways you can generate revenue from the app. Here, are some effecient ways :
1. In-app Ads
Well executed ads in the Android vs IOS are one of the efficient mobile revenue-generating methods. This works by connecting your mobile application with an advertising agency or through an advertising platform and getting paid to host highly targeted ads. This can generate large amounts of income if you already have a large number of followers.
2. In-app purchases :
This method uses Android vs IOS as a sales channel. But it is important to keep in mind that, despite these offers, your application should continue to function without digital updates. Add-ons should only be to improve user experience. Purchases in the application can refer to consumables in the application, ad removal, add-on functions, and virtual currency.
3. Subscription Services
As similar to the freemium model, the subscription method limits the functions that users can access within the application. Some applications offer full use of premium features or a predetermined amount of content for free in a limited time. Once the time is up, they ask the user to subscribe to continue using the application or access more content.
Technical Aspects For Android vs IOS
Now, let’s dig deep into the technical aspects of both mobile app development.
1. Updating online mediums
2) Differences in design
3) Specifics of distributive platforms
4) Coding language
5) Applied IDE
Updating Online Mediums
The process of uploading updates for current apps in the App Store is also a time-consuming process that needs at least two weeks of wait time. This, alone, can negatively affect an IT company’s plans and delay the supposed release date of a product. It is, still, worth noting a number of frameworks for mobile software development; frameworks that offer the ability to update while avoiding Apple’s policies.
- On the other hand, Android Developers can update their software products every two hours so, if you have a synchronized and sufficiently skilled team of testers, Android rules will prove more appropriate for you.
Differences in Design
- IOS and Android both feature many necessary differences in design. In precise, we can note that the common feature of Apple’s pictograms, icons, and buttons is their minimalistic, concise design.
- Android web designers are motivated by an almost identical Material Design idea. Furthermore, the desire to apply a sensory panel on mobile devices (without the need to use physical buttons) can be clearly mapped out in the latest versions of Android OS.
- Let us also note the look of multitasking panels on the two platforms. IOS has separate miniature windows; Android has switchable tabs that fit across almost the entire screen. The platforms also have diverse styles of buttons, with floating buttons that cast shade on Android devices, and the more technical simple, and visually modern design of iOS.
- This rule also applies to icons: iOS designers demand the lines used in icons too as thin as possible (as opposed to Android).
Specifics of Distributive Platforms
Suppose all developing stages have been completed and you have uploaded your app to the respective online market. What’s next? In order for your iOS app to be made public, you will have to delay it for a couple of days. This methodology reduces the chances of software with a huge amount of bugs or limited content being posted in the App Store.
The corresponding process for Android developers takes only a few hours, with the project being uploaded directly afterward. While this choice gives the IT Company more freedom, it is, in fact, less safe for standard mobile devices users. Luckily, to date, Google has implemented a special Bouncer system into Google Play that automatically searches and removes Android market software that is possibly damaging and inappropriate, from user access.
- The simple language used in the development of Android apps is Java. In turn, programmers usage Objective-C and Swift to develop software for iOS platforms.
- Regardless of which language you select, the vast web community of developers is going to be an indisputable advantage for you. It will help you decide whether you should come upon certain problems during software development, it is basically guaranteed that you will find a solution on the internet.
- What is essential to note, however, is that you will have to take an original Apple device (e.g. Macbook) in order to learn to program for iOS – a fact that limits the opportunities of many beginning programmers.
- IOS and Android utilize several tools for mobile app development (IDE). Google, being the official owner of Android, introduced the multifunctional and extremely accessible IDE Android Studio (switching from Eclipse ADT, which utilizes Java, C, and C++). This considerably helped optimize the process of mobile app development for the platform.
- On the other hand, Apple is far more reliable in regard to this question, with software developers using XCode for the previous number of years. New versions have been released from time to time, the newest of which support Swift (one of the best advanced coding languages for iOS).
- As noted above, Android production has been top sales on the market of smart devices for the past eight years. If we examine tendencies in sales, we can see that the popularity of Android-based devices is rising yearly, however, the market share of iOS had decreased by 21% at the end of 2016.
- Such readings, even though it cannot significantly affect the popularity of certain mobile applications, due to advancing cross-platform developments.
How much does it Cost to Develop an iOS & Android App?
The cost of a developer solely depends upon the time required to completely develop and test an app. Average Hourly Hiring Charges For Android may range from as low as 12$ an hour (newbies) up to 100$ or more per hour for experienced professionals. On average, the cost to build an iOS and Android app may lie somewhere between $30,000 to $150,000 for a high-quality product. Also, the cost may vary depending on the features and complexity of an app. You can also use our app cost calculator to estimate the exact cost.
FAQ’s of Android & iOS App Development
The difference between iOS and Android development is that Android apps are built mainly with Java and with Kotlin, iOS apps are built with Swift. The main difference between the two programming languages is that iOS app development with Swift requires writing less code and therefore, iOS apps coding projects complete faster than apps made for Android phones.
Echo innovate IT is a software development company based in Minnesota USA., which was founded in 2012. We also have offices in Ahmedabad, India, and Florida. Moreover, they have more than 50+ Developer team strengths and are experienced in the development of mobile phones, Also they are specialists in Web development, and cloud consulting.
We have developed applications for iOS and Android, and a backend administration website. We are one of the leading companies in iOS and Android app development. The clients love these apps.
You may like:
- Why Mobile App Developers Go For iOS Over Android App Development?
- How To Consider Which Platform Will Be Best For My App Project?
- Android App Store Alternatives in 2022 To Watch Out
- Offline Mobile App Architectures for iOS and Android Apps
Conclusion: IOS VS Android App Development
Here provided scenarios are just a few of the most prominent differences between Android and iOS apps.
There are many other differences, either visually, in components, or in the engagement. However, focusing on these details will assist you to know how users engage with things on both platforms and this can affect your mobile app development project.
Wrapping up, we strongly recommend owners work with profound and qualified app experts that can help you make your mobile app successful. But how do you find the best mobile app developers? Easy, contact Echo innovate IT for a free consultation.