The industry of mobile application development is flourishing and maintains the progress of a seemingly infinite amount of time. In such a scenario it is important to note that there are certain trends for mobile app development trends.
In 2014 and 2015, we saw the business sector had versatile android application development of mobile phones and tablets to portable devices and the Internet of Things.
According to Statista, it is assumed that mobile applications will generate about $ 189 billion in revenue.
Not only that, but many experts have already said that the industry of mobile application development is one of the fastest-growing industries. Also, it shows no signs of slowing down in the future as well.
With the latest technological advances such as demand apps, mobile payment, AR and VR, instant apps, and new inventions that come to life almost every day, it is not a mistake to think that 2021 will surely be the year of mobile applications. Thus, giving companies more opportunities in the future to do business.
Table of Contents
- 1 5 Mobile App Development Trends of 2022
- 2 FAQ’s of Mobile App Development Trends
- 3 Wrapped Up
5 Mobile App Development Trends of 2022
1. Chatbots And AI
- The chatbots and Artificial Intelligence help in doing the interaction with the customer which will be more attractive and lively.
- User talks will not bore the chatbots. They will get to know more about the tastes and preferences of the mobile user.
- Moreover, with chatbots and AI, you are not required to download an application for the task. Ask Google and Siri Assistant, and they will tell you everything.
- This is the chatbots system and AI work in the future. They will work as a calculator, music player, as well as your booking agent. You have a chatbot and can do anything with it.
- The chatbots are friends. They will know better and keep recommending new things to do and listen to. They customize according to your taste. Users will be happier to have chatbots in their mobile applications.
- Mobile application developers can identify all the benefits of AI chatbots and suggesting fluid chatbots deployment of messaging or other activities and time-to-market faster.
- Moreover, you can easily integrate chatbots and AI into their existing applications with ease. With intelligent and conversational AI, you can use all the features easily, and add some additional features to its mobile application.
Chatbot AI Example
Each chatbot of CNN has its own personality and functionality, according to what we know about the audience and the typical behavior of that audience.
The new skill “Make CNN” has a real-time experience of personalized news. When you hear about a particular story or want an update on breaking news, our homegrown robot will allow consumers to turn to Anderson Cooper, Wolf Blitzer, and Fareed Zakaria and talk about the last. Just ask Echo “Turn on CNN” and then activate the ability saying, “Alexa, Ask CNN”.
2. Cloud Driven
- Cloud innovation will assume a key part of mobile application development in 2019.
- With the upsurge in the use of numerous cell phones and wearable tech, application engineers will need to concentrate on the capacity to coordinate and adjust their applications on various gadgets.
- The cloud-based apps will empower designers to manufacture their applications that can be gotten on numerous gadgets with the same capacities, components, and information.
- Cloud applications provide rapid response capability and need not reside permanently in the local device. They can operate offline allowing online updates later.
- While under constant control, cloud applications do not always take up storage space on a computer or communications device.
- Assuming a reasonably fast Internet connection, an application well-written cloud provides all the interactivity of a desktop application, along with the portability of a web application.
Cloud Driven Example
Google Drive is one of the applications most respected in cloud storage available and popular.
Users get 15GB free door to unlimited photo and video backup via Google Photos if you want (with appropriate quality settings).
There are also a variety of office applications available for documents, taking notes, spreadsheets, and presentations. You can upgrade to 100GB ($ 1.99 / month) or 1 TB ($ 9.99) for pretty cheap and there is an option for 10 TB too ($ 99.99 per month).
The office applications and cloud storage are a powerful combo one competitors have difficulty beating.
3. Augmented Reality
- Augmented Reality (AR) may not be as exciting as a virtual reality roller coaster, but technology is proving to be a very useful tool in our daily lives.
- From social media filters, surgical procedures, AR is rapidly growing in popularity, as it provides elements of the virtual world, in our real world.
- Thus improving the things we see, hear and feel. Compared to other technologies reality, augmented reality is at the center of the spectrum of mixed reality; between the real world and the virtual world.
Augmented Reality Example
It does not limit itself to the spoken word, though. One of the best uses of augmented reality to date, you can point your phone’s camera at a traffic sign, menu, or any other piece of text and get an instant translation.
This feature works in 59 languages (the application is compatible with 103 in total) and you can download language packs to use offline.
In addition to the AR function, the application allows you to translate your own handwriting, audio, or even a real-time conversation you are having with someone.
If you prefer not to use Google for any reason, you can also give Microsoft Translator a try. It works similarly, although not exactly the same visual style in translating written words.
- Beacon technology is starting to blur the boundaries between online and offline in the retail and advertising sector.
- Apple has already integrated this technology in iOS that communicates with its network of iBeacons.
- Beacons are small transmitters, wireless using Bluetooth low energy technology to send signals to other smart devices nearby.
- This is one of the latest advances in technology location and proximity marketing. In short, they connect and transmit information to smart devices that make a search based on location and interaction easier and more accurate.
- The light device itself is very simple. Each device contains a CPU, radio, and battery, and operates by repeatedly broadcast an identifier. This identifier is picked up by the device, usually mobile, and marks out an important place in its environment.
- The identifier is a unique identification number that your smartphone recognizes as the only beacon. Once connected, the lighthouse will perform any function that has been programmed to perform.
This is one of the best applications in sports with excellent features.
When a user loads the application on the way to the stadium, which immediately identifies the stadium he/she is en route to and begins to populate specific information to that question.
Once near the entrance, the bar code of his / her ticket shows and directs him/her to the corresponding seat through a map, while highlighting points of interest nearby.
If tickets were purchased online through the Apple Passbook, the application even stops them automatically.
5. Wearable Apps
- Thanks to Apple Watch, wearable technology was one of the hottest topics in mobile app development trends.
- Until now apps for wearable devices had only to do with the fitness and healthcare industry.
- Thus, wearable devices will be helpful to enterprises to improve productivity and efficiency.
- There is also a lot of noise around the fashion and textile industries adopting the wearable technology.
- The bottom line, mobile app development will be moving its focus from smartphones to more on wearable device applications.
Wearable App Example
Fitbit tracker exercise has been around for quite some time and is definitely one of the most popular portable technology.
Fitbit Alta – Fitness Tracker is designed to be among the best wearable technology in 2022, as it does more than perform things like monitoring the measures taken and distance traveled. People can use High human resources to track and improve their sleep habits.
The portable mobile app was created in conjunction with sleep experts at Johns Hopkins. It can detect at what stage of sleep a person is (and how long).
HR Alta, in addition to all other normal things tracker exercise, can say how long users who were in deep sleep and REM sleep throughout the night.
The application can also act as an improvement between mobile and portable devices. It provides useful advice through the application so that a user can try to improve their sleep.
FAQ’s of Mobile App Development Trends
Here are some of the new trends in mobile application development in 2022:
- Building apps for foldable devices
- Machine Learning(ML) and Artificial Intelligence(AI)
- The rise of Chatbots
- Wearable App Integration
- IoT-Enabled Mobile Apps
- Augmented Reality(AR) and Virtual Reality(VR)
- Mobile Wallets
- Mobile app security to gain extra attention
- Beacons Technology
- Instant apps are coming around
- More demand for on-demand apps
- Cloud storage development
You may like:
- Latest Mobile App Development Trends For 2022
- 7 Web Development Trends To Be Considered In 2022
- Latest Trends In Mobile App Development and Web Application Development
- Best VR Apps: Top 13 List For 2022
As one of the leading mobile app developers, we’re all prepped and excited for what’s coming in the New Year. We will be taking a deep dive into all these mobile application development trends in our blog posts in the coming year.